Monday, March 29, 2010

From A to backwards R

Heading to Bulgaria soon. For those of you who don't know, it is a long, technical, boring story. It's basically a case of more developed European countries telling us we can stay longer but it has to be "over there". Bulgaria seems to be the little engine that might. It is part of the EU but not yet part of the Schengen Zone because the money that other European countries sent for infrastructure was used on infrastructure.......and sick vacation homes for government officials. What's the problem!?!

The city that we are going to start out in seems quite pleasant. Varna is a tourist destination for Western Europeans and sits on the West bank of the Black Sea. Tourism is the major industry so I think it is going to be like a European version of Cozumel, Mexico. The visitors might be middle class back-home but in Bulgaria they are rich. I have already made a down-payment to a guy named Laszlo to wait in a bread line for me. What can I say, I live large.

Also, I think I have counted 3 different, active, usable versions of the Latin alphabet letter "B". One of them just represents a gurgling sound. The number eight is pronounced, "awesome", not kidding about that one. For those of you who may be concerned, don't be. Bulgaria is a safe country.....really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BapHa

BapHa