Monday, April 12, 2010

The White Out Returns


You might be asking yourself, "Self, why have I chosen to read a blog with such a racially provocative and offensive title?". Tell your self to relax. While we all love a good race war, I am speaking, of course, about my beloved Phoenix Coyotes of the NHL. The Coyotes are set to face off against the hated Detroit Red Wings, or the Red Army as I refer to them. The 'ov' lines (Federov, Konstantinov, Koslov, etc) of recent years are not as prevalent now as they were in the 90's but this Detroit team may be just as dangerous.

Phoenix is the 4th seed in the West. Coach of the year shoe-in Dave Tippett has his Coyotes playing with confidence. The Yotes have had success against the winged-wheels this year. They won the season series in an array of different ways. Phoenix defeated Detroit by scoring early and often as well as winning in come-from-behind fashion in what was rated the 3rd best comeback of the year by the NHL Network by coming from three goals back at the "Joe".

The Phoenix message boards are full of opinions. The locals are primed for action. I, myself, have purchased the ESPN Europe NHL package which allows me to watch all playoff games for the next 31 days for about $19. What a price! I would encourage all readers to get in touch with a hacker buddy to obtain a foreign IP address because this price is a fraction of what US citizens pay. I don't get it and I don't have the time to figure it out. I have been just buried in paperwork.

The "White Out" goes down on April 14,2010 at 10:00 pm Eastern time. You can be sure I will be up at 5 am Communist time on the 15th to watch.

Editorial Comment: My ambulance-chasing, conniving, lawyer friend lent me the thoughts about the relationship between the term "white out" and the hilarious racial implications and the play on words that exists between the two. How dare he or she.

2 comments:

  1. How about those 'yotes? There's a SMALL chance I'll be there Friday night so send me good white out juju so I can be there as your proxy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GET THERE FOR GAME 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

BapHa

BapHa